Friday, December 20, 2013

Etsy Spotlight Shop #19: LenasCakes

Who doesn't love a beautifully decorated cake? This next Spotlight shop actually "takes the cake!" Eleni from Lenas Cakes makes fondant decorations and toppers for every occasion! Now you can decorate your own cakes using fondant toppers handcrafted in Greece!



 

 

What do you love about working with fondant?

ELENI:
Fondant for me was love at first sight. I think I love most every tiny detail I make to a topper, even if it is a "cute" or an "impressive" final piece. I love the colors that can be made by mixing different basic shades. But most of all I adore it when I find a new use for an old cutter!
How many toppers do you make in a day?

ELENI:
-Number of toppers made per day is not standard. Depends on my inspiration-if I'm planning some new designs...or the orders that have to be completed before a deadline!
So we start from one (if I really have to make that unique purple color I'm searching, I can spend all day)...and move up to 60-70 toppers if they are of the same design!


 




What makes your shop different than other shops selling fondant toppers on etsy?


ELENI:
I think all of us working with fondant share the same love for this unique product. I pay great attention to detail. From matching colors, to finding the real "perfect" design for everyone of my customers.
How did you get your start on etsy.com?

ELENI:
I started on Etsy about 8 months ago. The idea of handcrafters from all over the world joined to one place was too exciting to pass. Plus I live in a small town in Greece and people here are not very familiar with fondant decorations. They prefer more "traditional" desserts. I had to have my passion shared...so I joined the Etsy community!



 
How adorable are these toppers? Get some for New Year's, Birthdays etc! The best part that the shipping costs are very affordable too! Stop by Eleni's shop and order some toppers today!
 

1 comment: