Monday, December 30, 2013

Pooh Bear Party!

So my little guy recently turned 2 years old. I can't believe how fast time flies!
Since he was only a few days old he has carried around his little pooh bear blanky.
Who is now ratty and pretty worn out looking. "Poor pooh bear..."
Pooh bear is his everything! If we leave the house without pooh bear, you will never hear the end of it... haha
 
So... I decided to throw him a Winnie the Pooh birthday party, with a few cute, original ideas, that I would like to share with you all!
I'm sure there is other Pooh Bear fans out there... :)
 
Lets start with the party favors.
Well since my shop is based on mostly favor tags, I of course had to make some for myself for once.
I used some shimmering yellow cardstock, cotton red twine, and a little custom message. Ordered some honey sticks from one of our previous spotlight shops "Lee's Bees".
You all know how much pooh loves his honey; well who doesn't?!
Tied the custom tags around little bunches of honey sticks, and VoilĂ ! Adorable party favors for all of the guests!


Next was the cupcakes. I searched around online for some cupcake ideas, and came across a Winnie the Pooh and Tigger fondant molds. They were so cute!
Now, personally, I hate the taste of fondant. Blah!
However, during the time of party planning, I was also making batches of fudge to send the family for Christmas. I thought to myself, "Hmmm, fudge can be molded; and tastes so good!"
With some trial and error and lots of mess ups, I finally was able to mold some faces! I made white chocolate pooh bear fudge and died it yellow. Then I made some peanut butter fudge for Tigger.
I then used black icing to dab the eyes and nose on Winnie the Pooh.  Not as neat as fondant, but I thought they came out pretty good :)
Whipped up a batch of my special homemade German chocolate cake mix, some cream cheese frosting, and put it all together!
They were a hit!
They looked pretty decent, and tasted unbelievably delicious! 
My favorite was the peanut butter fudge cupcakes. When you bit into the fudge and cupcake at the same time, Oh goodness, they tasted amazing!

Some simple ideas that turned out to be pretty good!




My custom pooh bear tags are now also listed in my shop: https://www.etsy.com/listing/173377451/custom-favor-tags-baby-shower-tags

So if you want to give it a shot by throwing a Winnie the Pooh party, be sure you check them out!

The cupcakes... your on your own!
Warning: be ready to stay up all night!
Haha. Lots of work, but will create some great memories for everyone!
If you have some party ideas of your own, please share with us! We would love to see your party throwing creations!!!
 


1 comment:

  1. Such a brilliant idea and I love the honey sticks and tags. You did so good!!

    ReplyDelete