Friday, November 8, 2013

Etsy Spotlight Shop #16: Veronica Foley Design

Elegance is this shop's middle name! Our next spotlight is focusing on digital art and papercrafts and is a wonderfully beautiful shop named Veronica Foley Design.

From invitations to thank you cards to personalized stationary her shop is pure elegance! The colors and the fonts she uses really make her items special and unique.

We're so happy to feature her as a Spotlight Shop! As a special treat she has created a really awesome printable just for our readers!


 
 


I spoke with Veronica the mastermind and creator behind Veronica Foley Designs and here's what she had to say!


What do you love about creating cards, invites, etc?
VERONICA:

I really love the feeling of working "in the flow" when I'm doing creative projects. There are lots of times when I can't tell whether I'm working or playing.

How many do you design in a day?
VERONICA:


 I do my best design work when there’s a feeling of the designs just itching my brain and wanting to come out. Sometimes inspiration strikes and I’ll be working on 10-20 designs in a day or two, and other times I’m busy with client orders and ferrying the kids to and fro, and nothing new happens in a week or two.


What makes your shop different from other etsy shops that do digital designs?
VERONICA:

 
 I know we live in a digital world now, and there’s so much about it that’s wonderful. But as a balance for all that wonderful stream of digital information, comes a real craving for designs with the feel of having been touched by human hands. To me, there’s a huge difference between design that feels like it was made ON a computer and design that feels like it was made BY a computer. Whether the touched-by-human-hands idea translates to modern, casual calligraphy styles, vintage typography or old-world (especially French!) clip art, I strive to create products that help my clients connect with their friends and family with genuine, real-live warmth.

 


How did you get your start on
etsy.com?
VERONICA:
When I first started my shop, I just put a few designs up without putting much research into it. Over time, though, I started noticing that there are some really successful ¬sellers in my category, and started looking into what it might take to become one. Right around the time I decided I wanted to put some real effort into getting serious about marketing my shop, I discovered a course on Skillshare called Etsy: Smart and Simple by successful Etsy Seller, Existential Ella. [It’s still available at www.skillshare.com/classes/business/Etsy-Smart-and-Simple/2052004108/ ] The class really helped me boil down the most important aspects of SEO and marketing, and gave me the motivation to really get the ball rolling.

 
Veronica created a FREE Printable just for Southern Girls Get Crafty! How cool is that?
You can find the printable below!
Just right click, print and frame for an instant decoration!

Be sure to stop by Veronica Foley Designs on Etsy and show her some love! Shop a bit while you're there and enjoy the FREE Printable!

If you're loving the printable check out these awesome new listings for cards and tags to match!
CARDS: www.etsy.com/listing/168497850/set-of-4-christmas-cards-twelve-days-of?r...
TAGS: www.etsy.com/listing/168499342/twelve-tags-of-christmas-diy-printable?re... .






2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so happy to do so! We love your shop and are so in love with the printable!

    ReplyDelete