Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Etsy Spotlight Shop #6: Smartkin

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
Smartkin is one of the cutest shops we've found on etsy and they sell a
huge variety of reusable cloth napkins.
There is a napkin for almost every occasion! Check out these fun designs:
holidays, baby showers, boys parties, girls parties, sports, flowers, fruits,
children's movie characters, and so on....
 
 
  If I had enough money, I'd buy a napkin set of every theme!
Not only will they add some fun to the table, but they are so great for the environment! No more waste use of napkins  or paper towels just being tossed into the trash!
 

 
I spoke with Kathryn the owner and designer of Smartkin, and here is what she has to say about her fantastic shop!
 
What do you love about making cloth napkins?

 
I started making cloth napkins for my kids. I am in love with fabric. :-) I love picking out new fabrics, fabrics that have sold out and seeing how they turn out with a stitch on them.
 
How many cloth napkins do you make a day?
 

My husband and I work as a team. I pre wash all the fabric and he helps cut out the napkin. We have gotten better about streamlining the work. We try to do it in a lump sum once a month unless special orders come in. Last month was a big month. We cut 300 napkins to be made. :-)

 

I do take them to a manufacturer to sew the surged stitch on. When quantities got high, the machine would break constantly. Her name is Alicia and she works in Phoenix for a company who makes yoga wear. I have been so pleased with her work.

Finding her made me realize how viable a business cloth napkins were. My friend recommended Etsy and I joined back in December. I love every minute of it. 

 
 
What makes your shop different for others that sell cloth napkins?
 
What makes me different from others... I'm not totally sure. I have seen a lot of great companies on Etsy that sells great napkins as well. I try to keep my costs down to appeal to a wide range of people. I know when buying for kids, you like inexpensive because we like to buy so much for them. ;-) 
 

 
Stop by Smartkin and check out all of Kathryn's amazing napkin themes. You won't be able to leave without wanting to make a purchase!
With the enormous variety, these cloth napkins would make perfect gifts for any event! These cute napkins can be used in tons of ways and in a pinch can be used as burp cloths, centerpiece arrangements, baby lap blankets and more.
 
Stop by, and favorite the Smartkin shop; add some napkins to your wish list, or even your checkout cart ;)

If you do something creative with yourSmartKin, leave us a comment and let us know!



No comments:

Post a Comment