Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Etsy Spotlight Shop #1: Candlelit Desserts

The Etsy world is filled with shops from vintage items to jewelry, but one of the most interesting shop's I've found is called Candlelit Desserts. Just as the name implies this shop specilizes in making candles that look like dessert! What could be better? A cupcake with out the calories!

I took a bit of time and spoke to the shop owner Jennifer and got her perspective on her unique and delicous shop!

Please take a second and visit her YUMMY shop! She candle desserts flavored like Strawberry Shortcake, Carmel Apple and Sangria!



What do you love about making candles?

Jennifer(CandlelitDesserts):
I come from a very artistic family and I was the one who did not get the natural born talent. I tried painting, drawing, writing, photography and while I enjoyed the process, I really stunk at everything I attempted. Then one day I decided to make some homemade candles so I could get the scents I like in colors that matched my home. From there, I started playing with different designs and found my own artistic "nitch". I also love reading the comments left by customers about how they fooled their family thinking it was a real cupcake.


How many candles do you produce a day?

Jennifer(CandlelitDesserts):
My candles are made to order since I allow customers to customize their order, so it varies from day to day.

 

What makes your candles different than others?

Jennifer(CandlelitDesserts):
While I am not the only person who makes dessert themed candles, I do believe I dedicate a lot of time to making each candle as realistic as possible. Everything is handmade and even if it means starting over a couple of times and scraping material, no candle goes out until I am satisfied with the appearance. While I will never get rich this way, I put out a product I can be proud of. Most of my customers are buying the candles as gifts for special occasions and loved ones. It's important the candle reflects that.
 
How did you get your start on etsy.com?

Jennifer(CandlelitDesserts):


I made a whole lot of candles and thought, "what do I do with them now"? I got online and found Etsy. I tried a couple of other sites, but Etsy is the only one where I receive consistent sales.
These yummy treats make great party favors, table decorations, birthday gifts, stocking stuffers and more! Have your cake...and smell it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment