Monday, September 23, 2013

Etsy Spotlight Shop #4: The Fuzzy Stitch

With the cool fall weather coming upon us, and winter around the corner, nothing is better than getting all bundled up! That is why you have to check out The Fuzzy Stitch! From hats, and ruffle scarfs to boot cuffs and flats! Made for both adults and babies!

Each item is hand crocheted & customizable!
 
 
 
Owning a crochet hat, scarf, or a pair boot cuffs is a must have for the upcoming season!
 
 
"I always take my time with each individual order to maintain high quality standards "
 
Check out what The Fuzzy Stitch has to say:

What do you love about crocheting?

The Fuzzy Stitch:
 What I love most about crocheting is making things come to life. I've never been good at the classic arts - drawing, painting, etc - but I can see something or think of an idea for a hat or stuffed animal or scarf or blanket, and make it happen! For me, it's a big expression of my creativity and a great way to use my hands. I also love that there's always something new for me to try - a new technique, a new article of clothing, a new animal or character to bring to life in a hat.


How many items do you crochet in a day?

The Fuzzy Stitch:
That depends. I'm a stay at home mom, so the cooperation of my 2 year old plays a big role. Some days I'll make as many as 4-5 hats or scarves. On days where she has dance class or play dates and/or I have school (I'm also a graduate student), maybe just 1 item. If I'm trying something new or working on a stuffed animal, I may not even finish the day with a finished product in my hands.




What makes your shop different for other crochet shops?

The Fuzzy Stitch:
I think the thing that makes my shop different is that my inventory is very customer based. Friends or past customers will come to me with an idea "Hey, have you ever thought about doing superhero hats?" or "I need a gift for my friend who's son is turning 2, mom and dad like x,y,z" and you get new lines in the shop - like our batman and green lantern hats, and our new aviator hat. I really love getting input and ideas from people and really bringing it all to life and creating items that are truly what people are looking for. Sometimes someone will suggest something off hand to me at a craft fair, and, like this winter and our new line for women, it will turn into a whole new line of items.


How did you get your start on etsy.com?

The Fuzzy Stitch:
I first created my Etsy right before my daughter was born 2 years ago. At that time I was mostly working off of Facebook, so I never really put a lot of time into my shop. Then about a year ago, a friend of mine was telling me about her shop and I decided to make a go of it with my shop, and I've been really involved on Etsy and loved it since!



Stop by to browse around this great shop! It's a perfect shop to find something for yourself or even someone else! Don't wait till its too cold....Everything in this shop would make FANTASTIC gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment